1. Wagh MS, Dixit V. Tissue expansion: concepts, techniques and unfavourable results.
Indian J Plast Surg 2013; 46(2): 333-348.
2. Razzak MA, Hossain MS, Radzi ZB, et al. Cellular and molecular responses to
mechanical expansion of tissue. Frontiers in Physiology 2016; 7: 540.
3. Topczewska JM, Ledwon JK, Vaca EE, et al. Mechanical stretching stimulates growth
of the basal layer and rete ridges in the epidermis. J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2019;
4. Hallock GG. Tissue expansion techniques to minimize morbidity of the anterolateral
thigh perforator flap donor site. J Reconstr Microsurg 2013; 29(9): 565-570.
5. Hata Y, Umeda T. Reconstruction of congenital microtia by using a tissue expander.
J Med Dent Sci 2000; 47(2): 105-116.
6. Huber KM, Zemina KL, Tugertimur B, et al. Outcomes of breast reconstruction
after mastectomy using tissue expander and implant reconstruction. Ann Plast
Surg 2016; 76 Suppl 4: S316-319.
7. MacKay BJ, Dardano AN, Klapper AM, et al. Multidisciplinary application of an
external tissue expander device to improve patient outcomes: a critical review.
Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle) 2020; 9(9): 525-538.
8. Senchenkov A, Agag RL, Lee J, et al. Management of anterolateral thigh free flap
donor site defects with a continuous external tissue expander. Microsurgery 2015;
9. Nandhagopal V, Chittoria RK, Mohapatra DP, et al. External tissue expansion for
difficult wounds using a simple cost-effective technique. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2015;
10. Eid A, Elsoufy M. Shoelace wound closure for the management of fracture-related
fasciotomy wounds. ISRN Orthop 2012; 528382.
11. Fleming ME, O'Daniel A, Bharmal H, et al. Application of the orthoplastic reconstructive ladder to preserve lower extremity amputation length. Ann Plast Surg
2014; 73(2): 183-189.
12. Formby P, Flint J, Gordon WT, et al. Use of a continuous external tissue expander
in the conversion of a type IIIB fracture to a type IIIA fracture. Orthopedics 2013;
13. Park KU, Moquin K. Novel use of external tissue expander for management of
sternal wound dehiscence. Ann Thorac Surg 2015; 100(4): e81-83.
14. Huh J, Parekh SG. Use of a continuous external tissue expander in total ankle
arthroplasty: a novel augment to wound closure. Foot Ankle Spec 2016; 9(1): 43-47.
15. Fleming ME, Bharmal H, Valerio I. Regenerative medicine applications in combat
casualty care. Regen Med 2014; 9(2): 179-190.
16. Potter MBK, Freedman LBA, Shuler MS. Fasciotomy wound management and
closure. Tech Orthop 2012; 27:62–66.
17. Baird R, Gholoum S, Laberge JM, et al. Management of a giant omphalocele with
an external skin closure system. J Pediatr Surg 2010; 45(7): E17-20.
18. Mountziaris PM, Soteropulos CE, Rezak KM, et al. Use of innovative technologies
in pediatric lower extremity reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2016;
19. DermaClose: Case Reports. http://dermaclose .com/case-reports/ (last accessed
September 20, 2020).
20. DermaClose: Case Reports. http://dermaclose .com/publications/ (last accessed
September 20, 2020).
21. Santiago GF, Bograd B, Basile PL, et al. Soft tissue injury management with a
continuous external tissue expander. Ann Plast Surg 2012; 69(4): 418-421.
22. O'Reilly AG, Schmitt WR, Roenigk RK, et al. Closure of scalp and forehead defects
using external tissue expander. Arch Facial Plast Surg 2012; 14(6): 419-422.
23. Rogers LC. Limb salvage: it’s a philosophy. Podiatry Management 2010; August:
24. Rader A. Continuous tissue expansion: an effective method for enhanced lower
extremity wound healing. American Society of Podiatric Medical Assistants Quarter
Two 2010; 27-30
25. Bajoghli AA, Yoo JY, Faria DT. Utilization of a new tissue expander in the closure of
a large Mohs surgical defect. J Drugs Dermatol 2010: 9(2): 149-151.
26. Bevilacqua NJ, Rogers LC. Advances in techniques for wound closure. Podiatry
Management 2010; January: 91-94.
27. Reyzelman AM, Garukyan N. Emerging advances in wound closure. Podiatry Today
2009; 22(7): 32-38
28. Nielson DPM, Wu SC, Armstrong DG. Delayed primary closure of diabetic foot
wounds using the DermaClose RC tissue expander. Foot Ankle J 2008; 1-3.
29. Lander J, Ebertz M, Farrell A, Fish F, Lisko J, Samuelson J, Squires J, Wilke R. Novel
continuous tension tissue expansion device for reducing or closing surgical defects
of moderate and large size. American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Meeting,
October 13th, 2007.
30. Reinard KA, Zakaria HM, Qatanani A, et al. Preoperative external tissue expansion
for complex cranial reconstructions. J Neurosurg 2016; 125: 861-868
Utility of a Continuous External Tissue Expander in Complex Pediatric Wound Reconstruction